Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Beautiful North Dakota

This is my tourist promotion post for Nort Dakota - I really love having grown up here and love the Great Plains! Here are a few pictures I caught while I was home and was able to get quite a few while driving on the highway on our way back to Utah. Enjoy! This is the town of New Salem. The had some funds that the town wanted to use for the community, their options of how to put the money to use were to either build a public swimming pool, or a statue of a cow - they decided on the cow! They have lovingly called her Salem Sue and it's a highlight when you drive by on the highway.



2 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

I love that you love where you're from so much! I have always loved that about you :) You have the pride of a Texan but as a North Dakota-ite, you should proudly fly your state flag from the back of your truck (if you had a truck that is...)

Suzie said...

Serena,
Awesome pictures. I love the giant cow... go great plains! Way to keep up the blog.