Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dresses and Sandwiches


So today I had the most amazing lunch. Sautéed onions and Portobello mushrooms and spinach with olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard and Mayo on toast with a glass of milk! It really made my day – and made me feel cool too – single people don’t normally make such elaborate sandwiches for their lunches, you know! It’s more like what a wife would make for her husband to impress him…I imagined a husband walking in the door while I ate it. It made me smile...and chuckle (I love that word...chuckle).
I went to the D.I. yesterday and got some hottie-with-a-naughty-body dresses that I am in love with, I am so excited to wear them. Do you know how deprived I am of new clothes? Horribly deprived – so it was a fun adventure for me. Oh and by "new" I meant new to me, not brand-new.
Why do I tell you all these things? Because today is just a good day, so was yesterday, and even thought it's nothing big...I like the way I am feeling - just happy and content. My life isn't perfect, nor am I yet living any life-long dreams, but I can definitely say that my belly is happy and I'm going to look forward to doing laundry soon.

5 comments:

Sally said...

i think the fancy sandwich is just you. jason has never been treated that good! and i think you should blog a little fashion show you sexy little thing.

Timmy said...

Hey you sexy sista from anotha motha. We miss you. We want you to come see us a play with us. We haven't seen you in ages. Lulu is 2 now and I am 4 and Mommy misses you too. Tell us when we can see you and I will make sure Mommy makes it happen. WE love you. and by the way, mushrooms make us throw-up, so don't cook us any of that!

Selfieprotection said...

Your so funny, by the way you can come make me that sandwich anytime! And let's see that sexy moma dress!

Matt and Melissa said...

So what is a hottie with a naughty body dress?? And can you really find one of thoses at the DI?

Nancy said...

This entry made me very happy and thankful for your happiness and your wonderful attitude and outlook on life. You are totally an amazing woman and I am very proud of you.