Monday, August 18, 2008

Cozumel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After a long drive to Ft.Collins, Colorado, then to the Denver Airport, with no sleep at all, my friend Rachel Bomsta and I arrived safe and sound in Cozumel, Mexico!!!! This has now become one of my favorite places on earth. We stayed at a place called the Iberostar on the southwest part of the island for five days (it was not long enough). I had a lot of fun before leaving for the trip spending hours on the internet finding out as much as I could about the island and how to do things for a good deal (or at least a reasonable price). After doing that we realized that there were incredibly cheap ways to enjoy the area and see the sites. Upon arriving, we attended a required meeting that was basically a sales pitch to get us to go on the most rediculiously expensive trips to the different sites, we just had to laugh knowing that the trip could actually be done for three times less than what they were offering. If anybody wants some very informative travel information check out tripadvisor.com - I found so many details on things to do, what to bring, what not to do, etc...there are a lot of things we would have missed out on or wasted our time with had we not realized it beforehand. The resort was amazing and had the best desserts - I was in heaven. It was right along the ocean and the staff was amazing, they would do a backflip for you if you asked them to.

This is the view of the resort from the dock.
The rooms were great, with a bungalow style to them. They gave us a room on a second level, which allowed us to have a deck, patio chairs and a hammock.
If you were there to be a beach bum, you had pleanty of opportunities to do it at the resort (we never gave ourselves time to bum around though since we wanted to see the sites more).
A view from the pool.

Each day we had a new towel animal waiting for us, from the swan, to a rabbit or even an elephant. The swan was my favorite. I was very impressed with how clean everything was, at the resort, on the coast, or in the city - Cozumel is very well taken care of. I read that on the island there is only a 1% crime rate, which was nice knowing that I didn't have to worry about watching my back while on vacation and the people were amazing.

16 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Ok I am sooooo jealous!! I want to go there now! I love Mexico, but I have never been to Cozumel! It looks absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful experience!! So what trip do you have in mind next...Bethlehem, Pennsylvania! (hint hint) LOVE YOU SERENA!!!

Ashley said...

Haha... I feel like I am stalking you! I like your pics though :). Next time you will have to let me come along with you!

-Ashley

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan said...

I went there in high school and loved it. It is such a beautiful island. The scuba diving is amazing. I hope you enjoyed it, as I am sure you did.

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

JEALOUS!!! Nice to know that you have reentered the blogging world...I was getting kinda creeped out every time I saw the manicans (sp?) See you tomorrow and next time you take a trip to an island...take me! HA! HA! Luv ya! Oh, and I finally made a blog shelly-c.blogspot.com

Em and Jorg said...

Hello Serena! Sooo good to see you here and to read that you and Rachel are still pals! You two were the superest visiting teachers. I can't believe you made the trek to Orem every month to see us. That was so incredibly cool of you!

Cozumel looks gorgeous. Where are the pictures of you enjoying it? :)

Matt and Melissa said...

Cozumel looks like a wonderful place to visit. But where are the dorky tourist pictues of you and your friend? What was the best part of the trip for you ? Now I want to go...

Selfieprotection said...

Wow post, so exciting I wish I could go. And also wern't you the one that would get on Sally's back about not blogging hmmmm seems she has become a great blogger and someone is slacking a bit. I miss your posts! How is school by the way?

Selfieprotection said...

Hey who is talking about Bethlehem PA, I use to live there when I was younger, I loved that place!

Megan and Jeremy said...

How fun Serena!!! Sounds like it was a great place to escape to for a while! Maybe I can convince Jeremy that's what we need to do for a week this winter :-)

Joyce said...

Hey Serena!!! What a great trip!!!! I am so glad you look like you had so much fun! The places look great!
Love ya!
Joyce

Marci Ward said...

I LOVED Cozumel. We went there in January and our favorite part was snorkeling. we did a shipwreck and a reef. It is so beautiful. Glad you had a great vacation!

Katie said...

Serena...hey how's it going?! I tried to send you an invite to my blog, but I don't think I have your current email address, so send it to my (ktmortyathotmaildotcom) except put the symbols in for the at and the dot of course! Hope you're doing great! Love, Katie

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Fellow Blogging Friends,
Our blog is now set to private, as we have had an unknown and unwanted visitor post a nasty comment on our blog recently. You are still invited to view our blog, but I need your email address, in order to add you to our list of invited readers. Please send me the email address you use for blogger to melandstevebarnes@gmail.com, and I will add you right away!
Melanie and Steve