Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday is a special day


Today I was Supposed to do the following:
Wash clothes
Fold clothes
Clean room
Plant garden
Go for a run

The sad thing about my lists is that I rarely follow them. This is what I did instead:


Make my favorite breakfast smoothie! You want one? Click here.


Then I went to watch a Rugby game


With my friend Chelsea

Secretly I wish I were a boy and had amazing rugby skills - I would change the world!

Then I went to work, I would have taken pictures but they don't let me. Especially today, it was shaving day. It's the one day a week the juvies are allowed to have a razor blade to shave with. Lets just say I've never seen a bunch of girls so thankful for freshly shaved armpits and legs. And lets just say too that you wouldn't want a picture of it either, they have no privacy and have to be closely supervised, especially while armed with a razor. All went well and I returned home to these:

I've been trying to stop using these for years, but instead I've been using earplugs for years....nightly.....consistently. I'm addicted. You could promise me that my night would be sound free and I still wouldn't be able to fall asleep without them. Tonight, I tried to sleep without them, but I kept hearing my roommate talking in her sleep - it was a bad night to make such an attempt. I popped these babies in and I was off to dream land.


3 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Gross! There is a huge piece of ear wax on those plugs! You should have cleaned them before you took a picture!
Also, I want to know why there is no picture of me!! Saturday is special because you're supposed to hang out with ME!

Henrie's Adventures said...

I want to know why my ear plugs won't stay in when you're sleeping so soundly...and the snoring comes out!

Nancy said...

It would be good to wean yourself from these cause when you become a Mom you will need to hear your babies at night!hehe