Thursday, August 2, 2007

4th of July - Centerville Freedom Run


My roommate Rachel Bomsta and I ran a 5k on the 4th of July in Centerville. It was a lot of fun - I usually like to be a slacker as much as possible when I run, but thanks to Rachel and Dave we finished in 34 minutes. We didn't practice at all for this one so I was feeling a bit out of shape. Dave and Rachel wanted to run the whole thing and they did - if I had to walk they would run up and then run back to where I was until I was ready to run - so they are awesome (and ran way more than the required 3.1 miles from the circles they ran). It was a lot of fun. I had Alycia and Tyson Nelson, Rhonda and Ron Christenson and their girls and a few other friends over for a 4th of July lunch. It was nice to see everyone. Later that afternoon Jesse, Rachel and I went to Provo to be with Jason, Sally and Sammy Cook. We got to see Sammy's cast and have a fun time with our friends.

2 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

awesome! I wanna come running too! Save me a stop!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Is that the roommate you had that came to Katie and Raul's wedding? She looks familiar. Good for you to run! I need to start jogging again...I'm just so lazy once I get out of the habit...sigh