Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Graduation


Today I checked my grades again to see if they had finally been posted and sure enough they were all on there. What this means: I AM DONE!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) Hip Hip Hooray! I am a bachelor now, according to Sherie! I decided not to walk mainly because I would have to do it in the spring and I just really don't care - all I care about it that I am done. I think the most exciting news besides being done is I made it onto the Deans List for my good grades. I had no idea....the funny thing is I had made it on there before last summer and didn't even know it. The semesters I took the most credit hours, the better my grades were. Which means I must have done pretty good this year since the spring I took 18 credits, Summer I took 19 (word of advice: NEVER do this in the summer), and this Fall I took 15 credits. As you can tell, I wanted to be done as fast as possible.

Now it is time to finish patting myself on the back and face the future....which I have no idea what direction to point myself in. I have begun applying to join the Peace Corps and am getting more excited of this being a future possibility as I apply, but even more of a sinking nervous feeling along with it...until today. I was watching TV - something I never do, when a commercial came on for one of the local tiny colleges: Stevens Henniger College. Their ad started off with a person sitting on their couch holding a remote (exactly what I was doing) and the voice of the commercial said: "Do you want to be like this for the rest of your life?" (or something like that) and continued by saying, "Then call this number now to find out how you can earn more money and have better job potential" (Which is a bunch of bologna if you are going to go to school at a place like that). But something about this commercial I am making fun of made me think, "If I don't join the peace corp or do something with my life, I'll be that girl sitting on the couch, bumming around watching TV because I am depressed about my life and not having a job or direction" :) okay so that sounds a little exaggerated, but you get the point. So, feeling all inspired, I got online and read up on the peace corp and that worried, nervous feeling is beginning to go away. Since it takes about a year to apply, I think I will have plenty of time to continue to work on getting rid of that feeling all together.

So after reading this post, now it's your turn to decide: please make a comment and state what you think Serena should do with her life! (really, if this peace corp thing doesn't work out I would like some ideas).

10 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

if you go away with the peace corp then you can't stay around and get to know my next kid!! How rude!
Be our Nanny, or eternal god mother or something! We have an empty basement you know... yet, the basement... eventually I will kick Jesse down there too since I want to decorate for the baby!! he he he

Theresa Cooley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yeah, call me selfish, but I think you should stay here!

Shelly said...

That is so awesome! I totally miss you and think that we need to play...ASAP! Anyway, as far as the peace corp is concerned, that would be AWESOME! Jen and I met a girl down in Guatemala that was doing it and she seemed to do great, and it seems like an awesome opportunity! Oh yes! Do it!

Anonymous said...

I too have those worried feelings about the Peace Corp..fear of the unknown. I would like all my kids as close to me as possible. I will pray that all your righteous desires and dreams come true in 2009! I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

You are so adventuresome Serena. I really admire that! I don't know much about the Peace corp. It sounds, uh, peaceful... and a good opportunity to have meaningful experiences. I'll definitely miss you more than I already do, but this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for you right now. Also, congrats on being a bachelor!! And by the way, love the Tuttle sight! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Congratulations on your graduation! I can see you doing the peace corps, but only you can know what's best for you...I'm sure you're praying about it because you're just good like that! So, I'm sure you'll end up where you're supposed to be!

Matt and Melissa said...

Serena, I have decided your life is one big open adventure! And you put your whole self into whatever you are doing. Good luck. And if you get into the peace corps, they will have one of the best workers on thier team.

JonandLo said...

Serena-Yea for graduating! So cool!! If you feel good about the peace corp then start moving in that direction and it will all come together if it is a good thing. If it's not you'll know. You gots to follow your dreams!! Let me know if you are up here anytime soon...can't wait to see you=)

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Wow, congratulations! You're an amazing girl. Seriously. I admire your drive to accomplish and succeed in life.

Timmy said...

Serena---congrats girl. We missed you at the cabin you bum...and you never callled us back! in timmy's words, I'm fusgated with you.. ha ha just kidding. Seriously though, we love you and know whatever you decide you will be awesome at.... We will miss you and we want to see you soon. Please call us or come over.... We love you.